Don’t miss your appointment with God
I’m rereading John Ortberg’s God Is Closer Than You Think:This Can Be the Greatest Moment of Your Life Because This Moment Is The Place Where You Can Meet God.
Here are some passages from the book I’d like to share under the subtitle (my own): ‘Nuff Said:
1. God can directly guide our thoughts. He can speak to us through Scripture, another person, or plant thoughts directly in our minds. It’s possible that any given thought may have been guided there by God and we may not even know it.
2. The single most dangerous word in the English language? Tomorrow.
3. What I see as an inconvenient interruption may be a divine appointment.
4. Paralyzed anxiety is NOT from God.
5. The biggest difference between me and God is that God doesn’t think He’s me.
6. Nowhere in the Bible does it say, “And then God worried.”
Photo courtesy of www.christianphotos.net